The following list and graphic outlines the most common 18 areas/points on a BMW 2002 that incur rust.
- Area around front indicator lamp
- Rear of front wing, adjacent to the door
- Underside of heater box.
- Door outer skin.
- Rear subframe mounting under the rear seat.
- Inner lower door frame.
- Right hans side of the petrol tank.
- Inner rear wheel housing around the upper damper mounting.
- Spare wheel well.
- Rear spring upper mounting (lower section of box).
- Rear outer rear wheel arch.
- Front of rear wheel housing (end of sill box).
- Rear of sill.
- Floor pan above the chassis rail.
- “A” Post (door hinge post).
- Inner front wing strengthener panel.
- Front panel.
- Side of the front panel behind the headlamps and in front of the inner wing.