Face it. Not many of us take off our shoes to drive, or will forgo that tasty cup of commuter coffee (which will spill some day, no matter how careful you are). So here are some carpet cleaning tips:
Carpet Stain Removal Tips
- Treat spills and stains immediately the longer a spot or stain remains, the more difficult it will be to remove.
- Blot up spills with clean, white absorbent materials. Cotton terry towels are best because of their high absorbency.
- Pre-test all spot removal agents in an inconspicuous area.
- Clean with an approved carpet cleaning agent - and follow the instructions.
- Remove solid, built-up materials with a round tablespoon, spatula, or the edge of a dull knife.
The final step is always to gently rinse the area with water, then absorb all the remaining moisture with towels
Vacuum floor mats regularly. Be patient - some stains respond slowly. With a little TLC, your BMW can look like new (and coffee-free) for years to come.
Author: Inside Track
A publication of BMW North America, Inc.